Teamwork, collaboration, and cohesion are the cornerstones of a successful and thriving workplace These three similar elements, while different, are essential for
Getting Ready for the BT Switch Off: What You Need to Know
The BT Switch Off is fast approaching! Make sure your business is ready…
The first stage of the switch has already arrived. This year, BT Openreach will stop installing, selling and maintaining copper-based telephone services, such as the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and the Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN). Then, in 2025, BT will start to remove this legacy equipment and switch off its traditional landline network completely in favour of digital fibre connections. This means that that businesses who still rely on these older systems will need to transition to newer, smarter working practices in order to stay connected and competitive.
Recent statistics show that over 2 million businesses are yet to make the switch. Are you one of these businesses?
Many systems, not just your phone line, run the risk of being affected by the changes. These could include lifts, CCTV, ePOS, alarms and more. So don’t let your business get caught out. NT Voice & Data are here to help and guide you through the process to make a seamless transition with minimal disruption to your services.
While the switch off may seem like an inconvenience, there are actually many benefits to switching to a digital phone service, more than just simply switching connections. Switching opens a door to a whole host of smart working opportunities. In this latest article we will look at some of the benefits of smarter working and how it can take your business to the next level.
Smart Working Benefits
Smarter working refers to the practice of using technology to create a more flexible and efficient work environment. This can include things like remote working, video conferencing, and cloud computing.
By embracing smarter working practices, businesses can reduce their reliance on traditional infrastructure and create a more agile and adaptable workforce. Here are a sample of some of the benefits you can expect:
- Greater flexibility: Digital phone services can be used from anywhere with an internet connection, making them ideal for remote working and travel. Plus, you can connect on any device at any time.
- Increased Productivity: By allowing employees to work remotely or flexibly, businesses can create a more productive and engaged workforce. Studies have shown that employees who have the flexibility to work from home or choose their own hours are more motivated and productive than those who are tied to a traditional office environment.
- Lower Costs: Digital phone services are cheaper to run and maintain than legacy connections. Plus you can also save on the cost of calls. Smarter working can also help businesses to reduce their overheads. By reducing the need for office space and commuting, businesses can save on rent, utilities, and transport costs.
- Better Call Quality: Digital phone services usually offer better call quality and reliability.
- Increased Agility: By embracing newer, more flexible communication systems, businesses can become more agile and responsive to changing market conditions. This can help them to stay competitive and adapt to new challenges more quickly.
- Environmentally Friendly: Save on unnecessary travel and office equipment costs benefitting the environment.
- Simple Switch – You can quickly and easily make the switch with minimal disruption to your business.
The BT switch off is an important step towards modernising communications infrastructure across the UK. Consider the benefits of digital phone services and start planning early to avoid any disruption to your phone service. With the right preparation, the BT switch off can be a smooth and hassle-free transition. NT Voice & Data have been helping hundreds of businesses like yours prepare for the transition whilst at the same time helping them to work smarter and not harder. Call NT Voice & Data today to discuss your requirements and how you can improve your digital communications.